View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 23:09   #56
ithaca_deerslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesee View Post
When you are hunting, you are already carrying a weapon.

You go in before sunrise and unless you are an idiot you have been in and out of the area 30 times before scouting and setting up.

Been hunting much?

I've hunted all over the country thanks to moving all over. Every place I have ever hunted and the men and boys I have hunted with would be laughing behind your back if you packed a pistol to head into the woods. (i admit to not hunting Alaska yet) maybe that is just me and my almost 50 years hunting. But that is the way I see it.

Carry a pistol while scouting before season in some parts of the country I can understand. Carrying a long gun pre-season may get you written up. But during season? Never.
Written up for carrying a long gun pre-season? Just pick something virtually always in season, like coyote or red squirrel.

Honestly, I can't imagine why you are so anti-handgun. You think you are the only one to hunt? I've hunted my whole life too. Nobody I know is laughing at a guy for carrying a handgun. Some guys might not carry, or might just keep it concealed and you don't know they have it. Other guys simply get a "cool, can I shoot it?" type reaction.

But what is this "pack a pistol to head into the woods" stuff? There is always a pistol on me, you just can't see it unless I decide on the .44 mag revolver. Were they laughing at me when I shot the deer from 35 yards with my iron sighted revolver and didn't even have a long gun on me?

It's too bad the OP's buddy got in trouble not knowing another state's anti-gun laws. But I don't know why someone on a gun forum is against carrying a handgun.

Last edited by ithaca_deerslayer; 10-07-2012 at 23:13..
ithaca_deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote