View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 19:54   #46
MD357

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOOFA View Post
Simply put, when I put out $2000 for a 1911 such as my Les Baer I would like my bushing to perform similar to other 1911's costing hundreds less to hundreds more. I'm not the only one to experience this. The same goes for the slide release, Les will tell you it's normal and that you need to purchase one of his Pachmayer widgets to insert the slide release without damaging the frame. I have 1911's ranging from $550 to $3500 and they do not exhibit this. Also, I've seen finishes much better than LB on 1911's that cost less.
I think LB is one of the best semi custom 1911's for the price as far as performance for the dollar goes, but I don't appreciate the insanely tight bushings and I shouldn't have to eff with the slide release for a $2000 1911.
Again, Baer builds guns to last and to be shot. I remember a thread of a guy that had over 25K through his on another forum and yep the bluing had worn but it wasn't rusting. Maybe Baer doesn't care about the finish because he figures many won't even wear through the most fragile of finishes. Just curious....How about yours? Please post pics of yours after 2K rounds.... I'm curious as to how bad it really is. I will say that Baer does offer different finishes and they ARE as cheap if not cheaper than other semi-customs when you walk out the door.

Accuracy is what you get for that tightness that gives you so much trouble. Dunno what to tell you if it bothers you that much. Would you agree that they are some of THE most accurate stock 1911s out there? Hopefully the basics of how 1911s work relay that you can't have something for nothing.

To put it simply, I'll listen to criticisms that (insert brand here) is not accurate, reliable, etc. But the comments about finishes and worrying about breaking nails when you strip it crack me up.
MD357 is offline   Reply With Quote