View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 14:34   #61
domin8ss

Should your home owners insurance be able to drop you while your home is burning to the ground?

Don't get me wrong. I'm pro-Romney, and I hate Obamacare. But, I do recognize that there are some good points to it too. If Obamacare gets repealed, I hope tort reform will be enacted. Lawsuits are a major reason why healthcare costs go up. People need to understand there is an inherent risk to everything we do. That includes seeing the doctor. It's statistical fact. However, I think doctors should be civilly liable for gross negligence such as cutting off a right leg when it was the left that should have been removed.

Also, it's not the childs fault it was born with a genetic defect such as autism or MS. Nor is it the parents fault. Healthcare should be more accessible to them than a smoker or alcoholic. Smoking and alcoholism are a choice. Life insurance doesn't cover suicide.

So, why not have a bunch of separate simple laws passed to cover the good points about Obamacare, such as not being dropped for preexisting conditions and no maximum lifetime cap for medical coverage?

Last edited by domin8ss; 10-07-2012 at 14:42..
domin8ss is offline   Reply With Quote