View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 21:09   #46
Trew2Life
#intheflesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoberRust View Post
First black president, female, etc is insignificant in my eyes. It's the policy that matters, not the religion, or lack thereof.

I'm Atheist, but I do not live in a fantasy world that all Atheists are amazing people. If I'm not mistaken, Stalin was an Atheist, we saw how well he worked out in a position of power.......

Nothing to do with politics if the person of faith keeps their religion out of their policies, and understands the constitution and freedom.

Good, and (should) hold liberty higher than any religion. We're a republic, not a theocracy.
You don't think the first ______ POTUS is significant? I think it breaks down walls and barriers and stereotypes that otherwise discourage people from attaining their full potential. It realizes the American dream, that anyone can be/do anything.

But, as another OP noted, a good christian would always do good christian things; at home; at work; at play. The 2012 GOP/DNC Platform includes more than political ideology. The religoticians are weaving their theology into the frabic of the Constitution and the mindset of the framers; insisting that this is 'one nation under God'. (More) Legislative morality frightens the bejuses out of me.