Thread: Lone_Wolfe
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 18:26   #9596
Silent_Runner
Can you hear me

Quote:
Originally Posted by faawrenchbndr View Post
Hang in there,.......you've come too darn far to give up!

This is very true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawgrass View Post
LW how's it going?

Folks in this thread, I need you to send some good ju-ju for my family. My cousins 15 year old son hung himself on Monday at the local high school.
Prayers and condolences sent. I am so sorry to hear this awful news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Glock View Post
Just thought I would update on my care...I'm going in tomorrow for another injection. The first one was a miserable failure...I have hurt so bad I am using my daughter's walker, unless she doesn't need to go somewhere, then I am using one of her canes. I am praying this one works better, otherwise I will be talking with the doc about fusing my spine. I don't want to hurt anymore.

My lungs hurt...I have been off my blood thinners for 2 weeks for the first shot, then able to take them for a week and then off again for another week for this one. I am not allowed to turn up the cooler in the house, so it's kept at 76 to 78 degrees...and that is enough to make it hard to breath. Please, say a prayer...I don't want to have to go back into the hospital, but if I don't get some relief...that's where I'm headed. :(
I hope you have better results next time. Perhaps we all need to move into a nursing home together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
Lady Glock, you are in my prayers.

I'm going to work 1/2 day tomorrow. I hope I can get up. I took some Benadryl last night cause I couldn't sleep, and I got up at 1:20. That's PM!
It sounds like you are doing well. I hope that continues. I wish you could share your ability to sleep with Wolfe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe View Post
Thanks for the prayers for all of us, I know several of us need them. Lady Glock, I'm really hoping you get some improvement in your back soon.

As for me, I'm still around, just too sick to do anything. The side effects from the chemo get worse with each week, I'm glad I've only got a few weeks to go. I know having to go through it with the other problems from getting shot already there just make it worse, but I really feel for anyone who has to go through it. I'm pretty convinced I'd refuse to go through it again if the cancer does spread. I'd rather just live out what time I have left, than prolong it while being this sick.

Wolfe the cancer has not spread as on now and it probably will not. There is no need for you to plan in giving up while you are still winning your battle. You are going to beat this cancer and rebuild your life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427 View Post
LW,

My dad has been fighting cancer for over 5 years.

Matt aka 427
Your father is in my prayers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInTX View Post
I think I would support you in that decision, LW. As long as there was no hope, that is.
I agree with you if there is no hope but not until then. Wolfe has come back from too much to give up easily.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe
I mean, Iím mentally ill, not mentally deficient! There's a difference between psycho and stupid.
Rest in Peace Jeff Abshire-1962-2012-aka 23Skidoo
Silent_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote