View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 16:56   #35
QNman
Silver Membership
resU deretsigeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flintlocker View Post
What you've shown is that you don't know what a strawman is. A strawman is when you distort your opponents position and then argue against the distortion. I saw no one exempting Rassmussen from criticism when their polls showed Obama leading in virtually every swing state. And I see no distortion in saying that you right wingers complained about every poll being skewed, sometimes by as much as 20%.

But magically, when Willard gets in to the margin of error, all that's forgotten.
That is PRECISELY what you did. You took the subject matter at hand - that the polls have swung in the swing states, offering some change in favor of Romney - and distorted the view that no one here holds any credence in ANY poll, since we hold the skewed ones in no significant regard. Then you argue against that.

Just as you are doing now - making a strawman out of the use of the word strawman.

Rasmussen has been offering polls as the whole country, not as individual states. The polls that were being questioned were not Rasmussen, they were the ones who were skewed in favor of the Dem.

Polls are what they are. I will state here just what I would state were it the other way around - it ain't over until it is.
"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

TERM LIMITS NOW!!!
QNman is offline   Reply With Quote