View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 23:13   #232
JuneyBooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabigguns357 View Post
My wife and I have been talking about buying 2 motorcycles,one for each one of us.I have mine picked out but i haven't got a clue about hers.

I've owned 2 in the past but she has never been on one.So how do I go about getting her in some classes or something to help her get road ready(we have till spring).

A friend has a 2009 Honda rebel 250 for sale like the one in the pic.My question is this,wouldn't something this little be a bit small for highway or just right for her and her small size.

Any advice would be great before I spend 2,000 on a bike she may or may not be able to handle.

The Okie Corral
The Okie Corral
Now to be serious. I started riding as a teenager and raced on the dirt until my twenties. Then I started riding street and it was on a Harley Low Rider. I found the Harleys to be very forgiving motorcycles. I then rode some rice rockets and they were very fast and fun. Now that traffic is very bad I make these suggestions...

the Rebel is fine for class and they do provide the bikes at the classes. I would suggest a Harley for you and probably the Fat Boy types with the large tires as they are easier to ride slowly. The wife could get a small 883 Sportster or larger depending on how well she learns. Also check your pocketbook and what you have to take care of...like kids, dogs etc. That will sway your decision.

Also, be extra cautious when people are making left turns in front of you and don't drink and ride and watch out at intersections. Good luck in your decisions.
JuneyBooney is offline   Reply With Quote