View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 12:48   #118
AK_Stick
AAAMAD

Send a message via AIM to AK_Stick Send a message via Yahoo to AK_Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunhaver View Post
Are you comparing the possibility of partial collapse in a house or small building fire with the the F.D. commanders known certainty of a complete collapse of a 100+ story steel and concrete skyscrapers?

Nobody thought there was much of a chance of the first tower coming down like that. It took a long investigation to figure out why those buildings collapsed like they did and as you can see from this thread the explanation still isn't good enough for some people without having to include imaginary explosives.

But once that first tower did fall they had very good reason to call back everyone in or near the second tower that could find their way out.

I guarantee you the protocall for handling a jet collision with a skyscraper is very different today than it was pre-9-11 and if the same scenario happened on a similar building with similar structure tomorrow there wouldn't be anybody "running in" regardless of what orders were given.

Guarantee me, based upon what? Your word that first responders would behave that way, and not act as they've trained/programed themselves to do, and have done in nearly every other call out?

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"