View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 12:03   #108
Gunhaver
the wrong hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
"Those first responders were facing a clear attack on our soil with actual U.S. citizens lives in danger so yes, what they did was very heroic and I admire them for it. Let us also not forget that nobody thought that either tower would come down until the first one did. I wonder how heroic they would have been if they knew the outcome of that mess before going in."

Uhhhh that is what make them heroes, they willing went into a dangerous situation to help others not knowing the outcome. I guess we can count on you helping when there is absolutely not any threat of possible harm or danger to you

Just because clearly your sad little butt would run the other way does not mean everyone would. In fact many have not, are not and would not. How apt that I posted that video earlier about that very matter before you posted this utter load of crap above.

Oh and the 1st responders did not know it was an attack on the U.S. at the time. All they knew was that lives were in danger, they could help so they did. That makes it all the more heroic in my book.

Either you are a troll or a real urine stain on the American sprit
If I was there knowing what was going to happen then yes, I would run the other way and so would you. If you knew that those buildings were going to come down like they did leaving no chance of survival for anybody nearby you'd run like hell. I don't care how much of a chest pounder you feel like being about it. Fancy yourself a hero all you like, you're just FOS and nobody's impressed.

You seem to be having trouble staying on point with this discussion. Maybe you're too emotional about it. I never said that they didn't know it was a terrorist attack did I? It was obvious that it was to anybody with half a brain once that second plane hit, or were you still unsure at that point? If so then you were the only one still scratching your head wondering why 2 planes had hit buildings that terrorists had already bombed once in 93.

It's obvious that you have trouble separating what you read from what you feel. What I said was that they didn't expect the buildings to come down the way they did. They were trying to get in there and get the fire out and get people out like they were trained to do. Once that first building came down I can guarantee you that the call was made to pull everyone out, heroics be dammed.