View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 05:22   #60
INJoker
Simply Charming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
It is the next logical step(M.edu)...and that step doesnt pay as well as getting an MBA (or an RN...or whatever)

If you are a cop and work for an agency that requires a "Masters" to be promoted to Captain....it doesnt matter if you get a MSME or a Masters in Education. Of course, that doesnt change the potential value of each of those choices.

You are still looking at this in terms of apples and oranges. You cant (and you wont get anyone to take you seriously, except for folks who already agree with you) compare whate teachers make to what ....(whatever) makes.

If you want to be a nurse, the market pays for that based on what a nurse must go though and then does.
There are political factors outside of "the market" that affect teacher compensation. As I mentioned, there are salary caps in place for teachers in the district in which I live... An extraordinary teacher with stellar results in the classroom simply cannot be compensated at a rate above what is determined by the district/union agreement.

What I'm really hearing from you is, as it appears to me, a reflection of the sentiment that teachers and the service they provide are not valuable.

You mentioned in an earlier post that:

Quote:
A quick last thought and probably the most poignant...What does someone with an MBA do?...manage, and often ending up at the executive level. What does someone with a Masters of Education do?...the same thing, still teaching, now with incentive pay.
Please tell me how middle management in a private corporation is inherently more valuable than teaching?

Please tell me what fundamental skills one needs to obtain an M.B.A.?

Please tell me where one obtains those fundamental skills?