View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 23:03   #10
Taterhead
Counting Beans

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrecisionRifleman View Post
Well it's been a good while since I started this thread, but I figured I'd post an update. Today I ran the 155xtp behind 9.7 grains of Blue Dot (book stated 1150fps), and this is the most accurate load I have fired out of my Glock 23 (gen4) period. It was so accurate that I think that I just may make this my carry load. The recoil was quick, but light and controllable. I'm extremely impressed with the Blue Dot an this bullet, and hopefully accuracy stays the same or improves when I step the charge up a little for a little more oomph for carry.

I've always been a fan of the 165gr & 180gr in the 40S&W, but the light recoil of the 155gr XTP mixed with the excellent accuracy have got me sold on this bullet. What's not to like? Excellent accuracy, high velocity, and deep penetration.
Thanks for the update on this. I am a big fan of Blue Dot in 10mm, but I have not used it in 40. I pretty much only load target-strength stuff for 40.

For SD applications, if muzzle flash is a concern for you, BD has quite a bit of candle powder (to offer an understatement). I have a night time outdoor IDPA shoot later this month. I am going to select a stage and have a go with BD just for fun.
Taterhead is offline   Reply With Quote