View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 12:44   #11
WinterWizard
Senior Member
 
WinterWizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastbolt View Post
FWIW, day in and day out, more than 90% of the "gun problems" experienced by the "average" owners of semiautomatic pistols are actually caused, in one manner or another, by the owners. (usually due to something involving familiarity with a specific gun, skillset, technique, experience, etc).
+1000 this.

Not saying this is what's going on with the OP's gun, but I would also estimate that 90% of gun "malfunctions" are caused by negligence of some kind, whether it be maintenance, cleaning, lubing or improper use, etc...

Guns are like cars. You can wait till they break down, or you can prevent the break down. You can never eliminate that 10% unavoidable break down, but you can eliminate the other 90%.
WinterWizard is offline   Reply With Quote