Originally Posted by wjv
Actually the President can influence pricing by
- prohibiting or allowing drilling
- prohibit or allowing new refinery construction
- -- Hint: EPA heavily involved in that decision
- determining if/when to release strategic reserves
- setting EPA mpg guidelines
- prohibit or allowing new pipelines
- middle-east foreign policies
If you don't realize these basic facts, then you're not even worth the time and effort it takes to respond to.
so this explains why gas was $5 per gallon a few months before the election in 2008? GWB obviously wanted to make sure that mcain did not get elected, makes since.