Originally Posted by camelotkid
oh presidents control gas prices?
Actually the President can influence pricing by
- prohibiting or allowing drilling
- prohibit or allowing new refinery construction
- -- Hint: EPA heavily involved in that decision
- determining if/when to release strategic reserves
- setting EPA mpg guidelines
- prohibit or allowing new pipelines
- middle-east foreign policies
- economic policies that are killing the dollar
- -- Hint: weak dollar = more expensive imports
- killing the coal industry (an alternate fuel source)
If you don't realize these basic facts, then you're not even worth the time and effort it takes to respond to your drivel.