View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 07:01   #22
Dennis in MA
Get off my lawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLWyandotte View Post
We were at Oktoberfest last weekend having a ball. Beer was flowing, everybody happy; great food and music.
The band was rocking, and on their break I went up to chat gear with their guitarist, whose tone was excellent.
The band launched into a polka, and as I'm walking back to my table, a 30 year old hottie asks me if I like to dance. I'm thinking, yeah I still got it.
I confidently said "you betcha".
She says "great, my Mom's been wanting to dance all night"

Gulp

"I would be delighted to dance with your Mother".

And I did.
Rocking. . . polkas. If you weren't sure from the 30 yr old babe, you can be sure when you claim to hear a rockin polka. . . and know how to dance to it. (Nestor excluded, BTW.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithaca_deerslayer View Post
What were you playing?
A polka.

I'm blessed with my mom's hair. I'm headin to 44 soon and still look 30-something. At 40, my dad looked 50. At 50, he looked 60. At 60, he looked 70. At 72, he still looks 70. I'm betting he had a few "wow yer old" moments before his time. (He also acted old at 40. The goofy things I do with my kids. . . never did my dad do anything near that.)