View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 11:44   #2
DakotaGlockGuy
Polymer Artist

Universal Sight P.O.S.her

***** EDITED AFTER MY HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE WITH THE "UNIVERSAL SIGHT P.O.S.HER" ****

DO NOT do what I did, which was to go with the cheapest one I could find, namely the Universal Sight Pusher (P.O.Sher is what I'm calling it now).

I used this P.O.S on a total of 3 (yes 3) sight installs and the blade locked up. I tried to reach some kind of customer service number on the site (don't bother looking, you will NOT find one) and had to send an email instead. This did me ZERO good, as I had another gun on my bench to do, and a dead pusher. In my email I even made a comment that I thought it was pretty crappy customer service not to have some number to call.

The maker of the P.O.Sher DID call me back later that night and said he would be sending me some replacement parts for it and said, "Now that is customer service. I stand behind my product and will back it up." This was Sunday March 10th, and he said he was going to send the parts out Monday morning.

Still nothing by Saturday night. I emailed him Sunday and asked if the parts had shipped, and what the tracking number was. His response.

"Sorry for the delay. They will go out Monday"

Since I'd heard this before, I checked back Monday to make sure he did send them out. He sent me a tracking number with the Generated date of 3/17. Keep in mind we're now a week behind thanks to his STELLAR customer service.

Still nothing today, so I checked the tracking number and it shows that the tracking number was generated (printed out) on the 17th, but did not actually get shipped or dropped off until today.

In the meantime I did what I should have done in the beginning and just spent the money on a quality sight pusher. I rectified the situation by ordering 2 new MGW sight pushers that arrived today.

Bottom line: This thing is a piece of crap, and the customer service is an absolute joke.

** DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS P.O.S!!!! ***

<<UPDATE: 3/25/13>>
So after 2 weeks I FINALLY got the replacement parts that broke on this P.O.S.Her, and it turns out that the owner dropped the ball yet again by sending out the wrong blade. The blade is so big you can't even get the bolt onto the frame with it on. In other words this product and the customer service provided are absolutely worthless, and hopefully nobody will waste their money on this P.O.S in the future.

The good news is that I won't be wasting any more of my time with the sight P.O.S.Her, as it is now at the bottom of my trash can, where it should be. Meanwhile the MGW tools continue to work absolutely flawlessly.

I'll file this one under "lessons learned" and remember that "great" and "cheap" are seldom used to describe the same object!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by DakotaGlockGuy; 03-25-2013 at 19:30.. Reason: Even WORSE customer service!!!
DakotaGlockGuy is offline   Reply With Quote