View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 19:50   #15
Deaf Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMurphy View Post
Very definitely.

I've spent a large chunk of my life on the M16 platform, which is why i won't move off to anything else.

Seen my dad (two wars with the M16) keep squeezing the trigger on an 870 (which he's also carried during the Gulf War, but never ended up firing) during a match till it clicked that he was not firing an M16, and remembered to pump. That split second hesistation happened on every shot for the first string, after that, it kicked back in and he remembered what to do.

He hasn't carried a 1911 in nearly 20 years, but carried one from 1966-1991 in the military. His hands remember what to do, even when his brain occasionally forgets.
And that is why WWII vets swear by the Garand and WWI vets felt the '03 was the only true battle rifle.

Use something for 20 years and, hey, you know the system so well you can compensate for any faults it has. And that is the key, skill with your weapon. It does not have to be fancy... you just have to be good.

Deaf