View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 12:58   #15
Beware Owner
NOT a victim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
Dedicated upper would be my choice and just swap out bolt heads. You can buy Stag uppers less a bolt carrier for around $480 and they are fine.
Not bad! I'll definitely look into that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2hmghb View Post
The faster the twist the heavier the bullet it will support in .223. A 1-9 will work with around 69-75 grain bullets, but the 1-7 will work up to 80 grains and above. The 1-9 works well with the 55 grain rounds as well as the heavier 69 grains(some barrels will shoot 75 grains some won't, the 1-7 will shoot 75 grains but the 55 grainers aren't as accurate).
What do you prefer and why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2hmghb View Post
If you don't have the tools on hand to do a barrel change, which includes a torque wrench, vise, clamp system, and barrel nut wrench you'd be better off with the second upper.
I just saw that, nothing quick about just changing the barrel. Ugh.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Beware Owner is offline   Reply With Quote