View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 11:29   #4
jp3975

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole125 View Post
Cool looking guns, but I don't get the point.

Glock is proven, Caracals are not. The world of combat handguns is NOT a beauty contest.

I get wanting something new and different, but the reality is is you will be better off spending that money on ammo to train with the guns you already have.
You think the Caracal is beautiful?

Caracals are proven. They where designed by a Glock designer who also designed the Steyr. No one complains about the Steyr or Caracal...accept for where the Caracal is made.

Its silly to say its not proven, because it is well proven. Not only have German police as well as other countries accepted it...but it has passed some of the harshest tests made for pistols.

Honestly that argument dosnt make any sense to me. How long has the Shield been out and how many are happy to have one to carry?

There have been dozens of posts on GT about this gun and no one who has shot/owned them has had much to say other than that they really like it. Several members have put thousands of rounds through them. There hasnt been an unreliable sample reported and there is no reason to doubt the gun at all.

Edited to add...the Caracal has been in service 2 years less than the Smith and Wesson M&P. Is the M&P not proven?

Quote:
Before being put into production the Caracal pistol was evaluated through independent tests. These tests were carried out by the Federal German Armed Forces Technical Center for Weapons and Ammunition (WTD 91) in Meppen, Germany[5] which included metallurgic and composite analysis, functional fitness-for-purpose and quality evaluation, endurance firing, environmental exposure, safety and accuracy tests. A certificate was issued by the Bundeswehr Technical Center for Weapons and Ammunition (WTD 91) in May 2006 after the pistol successfully complied with the NATO D14 standard, the German Federal Police Standard and the German Federal Armed Forces Technical Purchasing requirements. These tests are the most stringent test protocols ever devised for a service firearm.[1]

Last edited by jp3975; 10-02-2012 at 12:24..
jp3975 is offline   Reply With Quote