View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 19:15   #60
RJ's Guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
He's cross-dominant. Very common problem. Some cross dominant shooters shoot a handgun right handed and a long gun left handed.

That is pretty basic shooting knowledge. If you don't know that, have you considered getting them training from somebody who does?

You should be able to control the trigger with either hand. One more example of a basic shooting skill people here seem to have missed.

I remember doing an examination of a neurologist, a number of years ago, concerning the vocational rehabilitation of an individual who lost his dominate side upper extremity. The substance of his testimony was that, in regards to fine motor skills, the non-dominate hand could NOT BE TRAINED to function, to the same degree as the dominate hand. If memory serves me correctly, the reason was due to something about how the brain/nervous system functions, which results in making one side, dominate over the other.

Perhaps you, or some other neurologist (I presume from your assertions, that you must be a neurologist or some equally qualified medical expert) could opine and clarify this subject.

RJ
RJ's Guns is offline   Reply With Quote