View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 17:59   #57
checkyoursix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genin View Post
True story. When I was about 7 years old I was starting to try and shoot more with my grandfather and brothers. They kept telling me I had to shoot the way that they did and I have a very hard time being as accurate as them and I often held my head oddly over the rifle stock. I got criticism for this and it discouraged me from shooting. I actually stopped shooting for a couple of years until my gym teacher, whom was teaching us archery, explained my hand and eye dominance to me. From that day on shooting was much easier and much more enjoyable since I knew I was not only left-handed but left-eye dominant. Moral being, if you try and teach your child in a way that benefits you and costs them then you may lose their interests.

Ok, that being said....I'm left-handed & left-eye dominant. Please teach your child the way that is most natural for him.
As a lefty, I approve this message.

Your job is to teach your kid, but listening to him is just as important. Being left handed is not always easy, you want to be there for him not on top of him.

My father threatened to pull me out of school when a nun tied my left arm to force me to write with my right. Ignorant penguin got it good, and I am so very grateful to my dad.

Bertrand Russell
checkyoursix is offline   Reply With Quote