View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 11:06   #19
Stevekozak
Returning video

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithaca_deerslayer View Post
One concern I had is if I fell down and hit my head and was unconscious, and the kid started to see what was wrong with me or whatever. There are a lot of hours in a day, and days in a year. If you actually carry all the time, stuff happens. I estimated the odds of me needing the quicker advantage of being chambered as being less likely than needing to prevent a child caused AD.

Do you fall down a lot? I am not being sarcastic, I am genuinely curious why you felt that falling down and becoming unconscious was a more likely scenario than needing the gun for SD. I had never thought about that before, but I guess if you had a medical conditon that affected your balance or some such, that might be a valid concern.

To OP, keep your current level of concern about gun safety and your child, and you will be fine. Keep the gun on you at all times that it is not in the safe. Start teaching the child now and constantly reinforce the rules without fail. YOu will be a good gun carrier, and a good dad!