View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 19:55   #145
Flying-Dutchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildog2067 View Post
We had a peaceful period under Reagan because the Soviets were busy fighting the Afghans and the Iraqis were busy fighting the Iranians. The Chinese were busy trying not to starve to death. We were selling weapons to Saddam Hussein and Osama bin Laden. The world was a different place, and the other big superpower was busy falling apart. The Islamist rage was focused on them, since they were there.
Reagan was the first President I voted for and was allowed to vote for. I lived through those times, remember them well and it was not as cut- and-dried as you paint it.

It was a very uncertain time. WWIII was a real possibility. If you asked me then what my odds were of making it to 2012, I would have put it at 30%.

And Obama is projecting weakness. That strange apology at the UN about an obscure video tape will go down in infamy.

Showing weakness will get us into a war. This emboldens our enemies causing them to misjudge us. Our enemies only understand and respect strength. We need to draw a line in the sand they know not to cross.
Flying-Dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote