View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 10:59   #15
Kingarthurhk
Isaiah 53:4-9

Quote:
Originally Posted by professorpinki View Post
I guess then JFK's first alliance to the pope should be put into question, being that he was a catholic, or Mitt's to President Monson.

That said, Mr. Colin Powell had this to say,

But the really right answer is, what if he is? Is there something wrong with being a Muslim in this country? The answer's no, that's not America. Is there something wrong with some seven-year-old Muslim-American kid believing that he or she could be president? Yet, I have heard senior members of my own party drop the suggestion, "He's a Muslim and he might be associated terrorists." This is not the way we should be doing it in America.

I feel strongly about this particular point because of a picture I saw in a magazine. It was a photo essay about troops who are serving in Iraq and Afghanistan. And one picture at the tail end of this photo essay was of a mother in Arlington Cemetery, and she had her head on the headstone of her son's grave. And as the picture focused in, you could see the writing on the headstone. And it gave his awards Purple Heart, Bronze Star showed that he died in Iraq, gave his date of birth, date of death. He was 20 years old. And then, at the very top of the headstone, it didn't have a Christian cross, it didn't have the Star of David, it had crescent and a star of the Islamic faith. And his name was Kareem Rashad Sultan Khan, and he was an American. He was born in New Jersey. He was 14 years old at the time of 9/11, and he waited until he can go serve his country, and he gave his life. Now, we have got to stop polarizing ourself in this way.

Mr. Powell makes an interesting point, to me. And, to me, it all depends on the individual's alliances, personal beliefs, and his interpretations.
The reason we have such a high body count is no one in leadership knows how to properly prosecute a war. The General Grant/D-Day concept of throwing as many warm bodies at a problem doesn't work well in an area with which we have supreme technological supremacy. We spend over a billion dollars a month paying for funneling bodies at a problem and then the aftermath when they come home in bags or permanently broken. Then out of a need for political correcness we put these same people in with 5th columns that regularly assasinate them.

The war has been prosecuted at an extreme indiference to the lives of American troops.

If you want to stop a group of people who hide in a populous make it so untenable for the populous that the deliver to you the terrorist group either dead or alive. This war could have been over a long long time ago.