View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 10:49   #21
Dragoon44
Lifetime Membership
Unfair Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnut 45/454 View Post
beatcop
So passing slower traffic is a violation? "A person had reported that someone matching Pierson's description had passed a number of slow-moving motorhomes, authorities said" Explain why this is a violation of the law?

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/09/2...#storylink=cpy

Listen to the audio tape. The officer tells the guy the reason he has stopped him is that he was the subject of a complaint about him passing vehicles at over 100 miles an hour.

Just a few observations,

in all my years as an LEO the only people that ever told me "I wasn't\ I didn't" do anything illegal were the ones that had in fact done something illegal. People that genuinely were not doing anything illegal never seem to feel the need to make such a statement.

When asked if he was armed the guy responds with an off the wall, " I do not consent to any searches". Off the wall responses are red flags and are going to get the individual making them much greater scrutiny to find out what is going on with them. And a response like that to a question "are you armed"? is going to result in the officer(S) being far more cautious and prepared for potential violence.