View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 08:30   #142
2-8 Marine
Limp Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy W View Post
Yeah Invicta's aren't outright knockoffs of Rolex but it's obvious what they are trying to look like. That's fine. The Rolex Submariner is a really cool looking but still elegant design but not everyone can afford one. I was referring more to outright counterfits of Rolex, which is what I thought you were talking about at first. Then I read back a little further. I wasn't talking about Invicta.

You know, I like Rolex watches but I'm not sure I'd ever want to wear one. From what I've heard, they have an un-rivaled penchant for attracting unwanted attention (Thugs, dumasses, etc.) I think I'd rather have something like an Omega Seamaster or a Tag Heuer. They are arguably just as nice but they don't attract near the attention that a Rolex would.

With all respect, what you've heard is wrong. I've worn a Rolex of one type or another everyday for the past 30 years and on only TWO occasions has anyone noticed that I was wearing a Rolex. Yes, I've heard occasional comments like "nice watch" and such but only twice was it actually recognized as being a Rolex. Most people won't recognize a Rolex when they do see one. In all your travels and dealings with people yesterday, how many times did you notice anyones watch? Unless you're into watches, probably the answer is none.

There are three types of people in the world; those that can count and those that can't.
2-8 Marine is offline   Reply With Quote