View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 06:42   #10
hogship
It's MY Island

General Firearms Forum

Bulgarian Makarov at 4 o'clock in photo........

I have one Bulgarian Makarov, and although I'm extremely impressed with it, and actually prefer it over my PPK/s......I would not buy either a Makarov, or the P64 at the current prices. At the price they bring, there are much better options that shoot commonly obtainable ammunition.

Both Makarov and P64 are the size one would consider as a ccw gun......but, neither are as light and handy as what else is available now days.......

I bought my Bulgarian Makarov for $129 with all the accessories, and I believe it had never seen any use prior to my getting it........at that price, I'd think about it.......but getting a good one for that price would now be your lucky day! I'm to the point where it's just not worth dealing with the negatives, when adding a hundred bucks will get a much better gun for the purpose of ccw.

The Makarov was a belt gun intended for service carry......military and police. It served this purpose well for many years, but why would one actually choose one over.......say a Glock 17, or similar? I certainly wouldn't.......

At $150, that P64 is very attractive.........but, you will be among the very few, if it's still your choice a few years from now.......

ooc

At first, I couldn't stand those original red grips, and replaced them with black Russian grips. Now the red grips are back on, and I've decided I do like them, after all.......
General Firearms Forum
Visit my Vietnam photo album, 1968-69 click on link

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by hogship; 09-29-2012 at 06:44..
hogship is offline   Reply With Quote