View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 06:30   #130
Roger1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by certifiedfunds View Post
That's just silly. Do you insist on driving a primered beater car so you won't get carjacked?

Don't wear it on your vacation to Nigeria and you should be ok.
Believe it or not, this Submariner has garnered me more attention from strangers in the 1 week I have owned it than both of my Breitlings did over the last several years, and the Navitimer sticks out like a sore thumb with the huge dial.

As of last night, 5 total strangers now made mention of it. 3 of them asked if it was fake, one complemented me on it, and the last one was actually the one that surprised me the most.

It was a merchant selling cell phone accessories at a center kiosk at my local mall. I was walking by and out of nowhere I hear him say "Is that a Submariner Date or a GMT Master? I can't tell from this distance." I replied with, "It's a fake." and continued walking. He then responded with "Bull****, sell it to me then. I'll give you $500 for it right now. Nice profit for you on a fake watch." I just kept walking without saying anything else.

Obviously the guy could tell it was genuine, but from literally 15 feet away while walking this took me by total surprise. I love the watch, but actually don't really care for the attention that it definitely attracts. If it keeps up like this, the SuperOcean might be returned to daily wear and the Rolex left for special occasions.
Roger1079 is offline   Reply With Quote