View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 19:34   #231
tsmo1066
Happy Smiley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trew2Life View Post
Mitt Romney described the 47% in 3 distinct groups:

Those who pay no federal income tax? Yep. That's me. I'm part of the vast majority who have below average earnings; one of the 9 out of 10 who earn less than $50K

People who get federal benefits? Yep. That's me, too. I believe I am entitled to health care and 'you name it'. I've been contributing to health care and 'you name it' for 30+ years.

Likely Obama Voters? Three for 3. Like me, there are many other Obama supporters who may have supported BHO in '08 but may think he's not the man for the job in '12. Well, Mitt Romney proved he's not interested in them either.

47% is a lot of people, about 30 million voters. A small percentage of them receive food stamps (about 16%). An even smaller number of them (about 2%) are actual fraud or abuse.

Mitt Romney choose to denegrate 29.4 Million people for the actions of 600 thousand.
He didn't describe three distinct groups, as you claim. He described ONE group, people who will vote for Obama 'no matter what', and he then went on to describe WHY that single group will be voting for him (that they pay no taxes, feel entitled, etc.)

That's a critical distinction, and one that you have either overlooked or are deliberately trying to misconstrue.

There are a great many people who pay no federal taxes who will be voting for Romney in November precisely because they DON'T feel entitled and AREN'T looking for hand-outs. These include many retirees who don't want to see their fixed incomed diluted into worthlessness by Obama's QE3 "turn on the printing press" policies regarding the national debt and others who see that rampant spending, coupled with no budget being passed for four straight years is a recipe for disaster.

If you are going to try to describe Romney's statement, please do so accurately.

Last edited by tsmo1066; 09-24-2012 at 19:36..
tsmo1066 is offline   Reply With Quote