View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 14:55   #86
joshuajcrouch

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuajcrouch View Post
I took the light apart this evening. I am 100% sure that if the OEM screws strip out on me, there is a away to retrofit a beefier screw on to the light. Thats an easy thing to fix...
Ok everyone... I came up with a really good solution. My threads never failed on me since I have only had it for 3 days. The threads definitely looked weak to me so I decided to sacrifice my light in hopes of coming up with a good fix.

Take it apart and pull out the hinged piece that is spring loaded. You will need a good angle grinder to make room for the new screw. Here is a picture of how much I needed to grind off:
Sights, Optics and Lasers

The next step is to cut the upper spring back:

Here it is all put back together:

Then make a trip to Home Depot. I picked this up but I don't remember what dimension it is! I think its a 8/32 x 1 1/4" screw. Just take your tactical light with you and find something that will fit:

Now put it all back together. It takes a little more work to get it on. But man this thing isn't going ANYWHERE!

Don't give up on this little light! I am really happy with the way it turned out and I hope this helps someone else out. BTW I want to paint the brass nut on the other side but no big deal.

Joshua
joshuajcrouch is offline   Reply With Quote