View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 15:53   #18
Wolf Spyder
Gun Activist

Send a message via AIM to Wolf Spyder
Duncan258,

Everyone is giving you an opinion. If you want a .45ACP then buy it. However, it is my opinion that the .45ACP is an outdated caliber. It's popularity is falling for several reasons, but it will live on for another 100 years with out breaking a sweat. I personally like, and daily carry, the 10mm but it is not a cartridge for a beginner.

If you are looking to purchase your first pistol, I would focus on the 9mm Glock 19 or the .40S&W Glock 23. My reasons are pretty simple and straight forward;

The Glock 19/23 is small enough to conceal, yet large enough to fight with.

The Glock pistol is the most popular sidearm of law
enforcement here in the U.S. so finding magazines and replacement parts will be much easier to scavenge during a SHTF event or natural disaster.

The 9mm & .40S&W are the two most popular cartridges among law enforcement and the military, so during a SHTF event or natural disaster it will be much easier to scavenge ammunition.

A close third would be the .45ACP, so like I said above, if you really want a .45ACP buy one.

"Only large manly men and very dangerous mythical creatures can handle the raw power of the 10mm"
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
Wolf Spyder is offline   Reply With Quote