View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 13:23   #54
FFR Spyder GT
Ex-Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by greentriple View Post
Republicans, especially in the South, who are not rich, better take a good, long hard look at the man and what he said in the video. It may seem like Romney is trashing Democrats at the $50,000-a-plate dinner, but really he's talking about Republicans.
Eight of the 10 states with the highest percentage of filers who didn't pay federal income taxes are red states that voted for John McCain in 2008: Mississippi, Georgia, Alabama, Texas, Louisiana, South Carolina, Arkansas, and Idaho. Only New Mexico and Florida voted for Obama. Conversely, of the 10 states with the lowest percentage of filers who didn't pay federal income taxes, seven voted for Obama. Only Alaska, Wyoming and North Dakota voted for McCain.
Keep in mind a large portion of the 47% that Romney was talking about are middle- and low-income Republicans who voted for McCain. They are not Obama-loving Democrats. That's not spin, that's fact.
This is what I posted on another thread.....

"I'm from Arkansas and it amazes me every time someone that I know, not a friend, just someone that I know, that are White Trailer Park Trash that says they are going to vote for Romney.

It just doesn't make sense to me.

Take "Person X" for example......

Lives in a rented trailer in a trailer park and HUD pays his rent. Plus he draws +$700.00/mo in food stamps, has one kid drawing an SSI check, kids are on ARKids insurance (welfare) and states that he and his ol' lady will vote for Romney in November.

Yep, this is your typical Southern Republican.

I know several hundred of them."
FFR Spyder GT is offline   Reply With Quote