Originally Posted by el_dudarino
First, after considerable searching I still can't figure out what BTF means. Any help or link to a really good acronym list?
Now down to my first Glock experience: a recently purchased, new g29 10mm with three problems.
1. Slide does not smoothly enter battery. It hangs with about 1/8th inch to go and requires more than normal force to completely close. Yes, it closes releasing from full open and while firing, but what might be causing it to hang? Perhaps it's contributing to issue #3? Other large frame Glocks I've checked out enter battery much more smoothly while slowly closing the slide. It still happens with a stiffer recoil spring.
2. After ~300 rounds the slide stopped locking open reliably after emptying a magazine. I eliminated the possibility of my thumb touching the lever while firing. Pulling the slide back several times with the empty mag still inserted still failed to lock the slide back. Holding it open and peering into the chamber revealed the slide stop lever slipped off the top, and ended up wedged beside, the follower. This occurs with all three new magazines.
3. Many, many FTF of Underwood 180 grain 1300 fps TMJ ammo. Again, occurs with all three magazines. This is excellent ammo with 5-star reviews and great pricing, so I really hate to think that I simply can't use it in my gun.
BTF = ?????
You didn't say the pistol was brand new or, just new to you.
"new g29 10mm" so I am going to assume it is brand new in the box.
1. Several reasons your slide may be having problems
- You may be riding the slide with your hand
- Slide rails and slide dirty requiring cleaning and lube
- dirty chamber/dirty or poor ammo
- magazine spring tension too high, (common in new mags)
- Verticle extention on the triggerbar hitting the barrel of rubbing the underside of the slide
2. Slide won't lock back on empty mag
- dirty slide rails and slide
- poor ammo performance
- Magazine spring too weak or dirty mag.
Gotta go, much of what you need can be found on GlockTalk with simple searches..........