Thread: Lone_Wolfe
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 23:31   #9509
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus2131 View Post
back, my friend. Today's been a painful day for me, mainly in the loss of a very dear friend. We met because of this thread, his support and caring for me never wavered, even when an attempt at a dating relationship failed last year. His friendship continued. He didn't bat an eye when Silent_Runner sent out some harmless and well intended, but irrational PM's to a few people here early this year. She knw her own issues would take her out of my life, and wanted to be sure I still had people around me to care for me. Jeff's response to her was the unwavering loving and loyalty to me that was what defined him, and totally put her at ease.

He stuck around when I lashed out at hin for nothing he'd said or done. I was hurting, and lashed out at he who was closest to me. He knew none of it was his fault, but he'd always tell me that he hated that I was hurting, had a nightmare, etc. but that he wanted me to lash out at him if it gave me any relief at all. I always felt terrible, but he wouldn't hear it. He'd remind that he'd do anything for me, including being a verbal whipping post if it helped ease what troubled me even a little bit.

After his fist stroke may of his posts and messages to me were just short noted saying he hoped I was having a good day, reminding me that he thought the world was better with me here, or just hoping my pain would lessen. But we'd still get his point, and as others have said, his caring and love for me showed through. I've lost a great friend, and someone I'll love forever. Here's what I posted in my thread about him...

Rest in Peace, Jeff Abshire

1962-2012
aka 23Skidoo

Okie Memorial Area

Heaven needed another angel, so the took the very best.

Rest well, Jeff, you are loved by many, and will be missed by all who were lucky enough to know you. Kind, gentle souls like you are a rare find.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.
RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote