I can't remember where I saw this, and I didn't write it. But it really hit home for me, as well as some of my anti-gun friends. The logic is almost impossible to argue with.
1) Get a steak from the fridge.
2) Get a sharp knife from your drawer.
3) Call 911, and start stabbing the steak.
4) Continue stabbing the steak, until help arrives.
5) Imagine that steak is one of your children or wife.
Think this can't happen? It's the primary reason I carry inside my home, and why I do not depend on 911 as my primary source of protection. JM2CW