View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 16:05   #15
pasky2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeWilly View Post
Great news.

I load 180gr jacketed to 10mm lengths using 40 brass for my G20's and G29. I use 10.5grs of Blue Dot loaded to 1.255" as a reasonably inexpensive plinking round.

You will want to get in the chamber with a brush and some CLP to clean it well after a session of shooting the 40 brass, kind of like when you shoot 38spl brass in a 357, a little fouling in the chamber.
That's EXACTLY the application I want to do in the stock 10mm bbl. ; shoot .40's in my 10mm like 38spl in a .357mag. I have a TON of 40 brass. So shooting the 10's will be a 'treat' and the .40's will be for practice of fundamentals, etc. The .40 feels nice in the FS G20 with that big slide. I imagine a 22# RSA will smooth it out even moreso. Even if the only benefit is that my brass doesn't eject as far, I'll be happy. Honestly, I hate wasting time chasing down my brass when I shoot. It's all good, though. :-)
Another obsession I have is a clean and appropriately lubed weapon. So I clean my chamber and bore after every shoot...20 or 2000 rnds, doesn't matter. So a little extra time in the chamber... no prob. ;-)
A little OT but I've always avoided lube (CLP) in any chamber, though. Doesn't that increase the risk of 'backslapping' the case against the breechface? Increases slide/bolt stress? Thanks for the load tip for the .40 in 10mm. Do you use SP mag primers or std in your .40 brass?
Again, thanks for sharing!
pasky2112 is offline   Reply With Quote