Thread: Reloading 10mm
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 16:51   #12
WeeWilly

G29, great choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxfreak003 View Post
I'm pretty new to reloading. I'm reloading for a 10mm G29. I'm using 155gr berry's round nose bullets and cci 300 primers. The only thing is the powder I have is hodgdon clays. I haven't really found any data for how much to use in a 10mm. I'm wanting a safe load I can use just for plinking, that won't drop the shells on my hand. I heard to just take the maximum load for a .40 S&W and use that as the starting load (which I did find some data for the .40S&W)

Also wonder if anyone has a good recipe for some lighter loads for plinking and stuff.
You are on the right track loading Berry's in the 40S&W range. As mentioned above, Berry's has a speed limit and it is way below a 155gr bullet's potential in 10mm.

I favor 180gr jacketed bullets for my 10mm loads and buy Blue Dot and AA#9 in bulk for this application.

For lighter bullets like 155gr and 165gr, when you are ready for true 10mm velocities there are a lot of really good powder options.

I would recommend the 10mm reloading forum in the Gun Club section of GT, full of great advice, frequented by guys that love and really know the caliber.
WeeWilly is offline   Reply With Quote