View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 15:29   #16
nickE10mm
F.S.F.O.S.

Send a message via AIM to nickE10mm Send a message via MSN to nickE10mm Send a message via Yahoo to nickE10mm
The more I play around with powders, the more I like Blue Dot as a mainstay. Its cheap, plentiful, accurate and gets good numbers, even if it is a bit flashy and boomy (I'm not using handloads for CCW anyhow). There is also TONS of BD data around as its been around a long time. True, it doesn't meter like Accurate, Power Pistol or even Longshot but it does well enough considering that, even though it doesn't meter as well as some, it CONSISTENTLY produces the most accurate loads over a WIDE spectrum in 10mm from light to heavy, cast and jacketed.

I think BD is simply "just right" for 10mm in burn speed and particle density.... although you can get more MAX velocity out of various other powders under many cases (PP w/ light bullets, LS with light to heavy, 800X with any weight or AA9 which I haven't used personally, etc).

I have narrowed my powder choices in 10mm down to Blue Dot and Longshot, as well as HP38/W231 for target level loads. Backup choices for me will always be AA7 and Power Pistol as do-all powders and I'll eventually at least TRY some AA9, WST and WSF. 800x gets the best velocities across the board but doesn't meter so I don't have too much use for it anymore.

Clear as mud?
10 Ring #1033 - Longslide #1045 - 10mm Loader #1066

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Why do I carry a 10mm?
“Because a 9mm only kills your body… the 10mm kills your soul.”

Last edited by nickE10mm; 08-11-2012 at 15:31..
nickE10mm is offline   Reply With Quote