View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 14:41   #11
21Glock

Quote:
Originally Posted by _The_Shadow View Post
If you add cost to the decision vs. presure vs. velocity, I think it would be Blue Dot or Power Pistol. With the AA#9 you use so much more powder to get results with AA#7 doing a little more work with a little less for some bullet weights.

Blue Dot has worked very well across a broad spectrum of cartridges and bullet weights and shotgun shells. It remains my mainstay.

Recent purchases of LongShot and IMR 800X have tipped the scales at $30 + per pound.

800X has been a good performer actually better than LongShot with heavier bullets and LongShot performs better than 800X with the lighter bullets from what I can tell.

I like LongShot in the 9x25Dillon cartridges but will start workups with 800X to compare.
I may get a chance to do load testing tomorrow a.m. and want to make up some test loads for my G20 tonight. I have a couple of lbs. of Blue Dot on my loading bench I use for my S&W 500 for practice rounds.
What do you recommend to be a good warm to hot load for a 165gr JHP using Blue Dot for my 10mm? I'll be using by new KKM 6" barrel. I was thinking of about 11-11.5 gr. of Blue Dot. My Gen 4 20 has their new dual spring RSA, it feels alot stiffer to rack that other stock RSAs.
21Glock is offline   Reply With Quote