View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 08:54   #8
CanyonMan
In The Saddle

Quote:
Originally Posted by _The_Shadow View Post
Yea I think the free bore is tighter on those AM barrels and those WFN bullets are touching the short free bore untill you seat them down to allow the space required to feed.

Good luck!

Pretty much right on.. Throat is just to tight !

I just can't justify seating that 200gr with 'my' loading down to 1.240. Plus I am in no mood to work up a new load... haha. I like to find what works for me and then 'settle in,' and just stay there. I'm kinda boring that way. Ha!

All my revolver loads are in my head, and 'settled in' waaaay back years ago, and that, as they say, is that. Same with the 10mm (I don't use it to often) I got two pet loads, and you and Nick got me started on looking at LS powder, so now I have worked up a load for that, and I am done.

Then came the AM barrel issue with the HC. But as I said, my OEM has, for all these years worked perfectly and with tremendous accuracy on my 1300fps hand loads, with HC, so my tail is still waggin, I'm happy, and am not real concerned over all this.

The 10mm is just a saddle bag emergency gun anyway, for the most part.

Well amigo, thanks ! I guess the industry figures on more jacketed stuff being used than HC so they expect a few to be sent back for reaming, or folks can do it themselves...

Stay safe !

CM

http://www.prorodeo.com/

Jesus said: You who are without sin cast the first stone.. John 8: 7

Last edited by CanyonMan; 07-20-2012 at 09:02..
CanyonMan is offline   Reply With Quote