Thread: 2012 Project
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 22:36   #20
ess45

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmarcella View Post
ess, san mo nabili ang ppq? basa ko sa reviews super ganda trigger nya for a striker fired gun....kamusta trigger nya? compared to a glock w/ 4.5 connector? thanks!
Update.

Re: Trigger.
PPQ have longer pretravel, heavier trigger pull on scale, crispier trigger break, shorter trigger reset compared to Glock.

After spending 2 range sessions with the PPQ, here is my impression.
The trigger pull is significanly heavier on PPQ. The longer pretravel, trigger break and reset difference are not noticeable. Although the trigger reset of PPQ on paper is faster, the trigger reset of Glock is fast enough that the determining factor in how fast the follow up shot is how fast you can reacquire the sight/ target picture after the muzzle flip/ recoil. Over all I still like the trigger on my DIY Glock 22 trigger just because it is lighter. I hope somebody could post a DIY trigger job on PPQ to at least 4lbs or better.

I think the biggest plus for the PPQ is the ergonomic. With Glock, my middle finger would hurt even with just 50 rounds. Not the case with PPQ. PPQ is a natural pointer especially for those who are use to 1911. With Glock, I have to tilt my wrist downward. Grip is slimmer. I also like the slide release (I can release the slide while maintainng my grip). The HK style magazine release is not a problem for me but can be an issue to others.

The only con to PPQ are the lack of OEM and aftermarket parts and cost of the magazine.
ess45 is offline   Reply With Quote