View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 05:11   #1
G19Buckeye

New Member From SW Ohio

New member from SW Ohio. New to handguns and Glocks. A buddy of mine got me into shooting handguns this past winter. I grew up shooting shotguns but handguns were a completely different animal. I wanted a handgun primarily for home defense. I wanted to be professionally trained and instructed since I wasn't really comfortable or confident in handling a handgun and safety is paramount. I took a great CCW class, both instructors are ex-Army guys and I would classify them as weapons experts. During the shooting proficiency part of the class, my instructor let me use his Gen3 G19. I had never shot a Glock before. The G19 immediately felt so comfortable and natural in my hand. I was extremely accurate with it from the first trigger pull.

My instructor told me that if I could afford it, I should get myself a Glock. I have a friend who is a gun dealer and I had him find me a Gen3 G19. I absolutely love firing the gun. I have just under a 1,000 rounds through it without any problem. I work on the drills my instructor taught me and have gotten pretty proficient with it.

I have been bitten by the gun bug and really enjoy shooting. I want to fire more rounds and want to buy a 22 pistol next. I have my buddy looking for a Ruger SR22 for me.

I'm here to learn as much as I can about Glocks and guns.
G19Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote