Well, It's done. I'll post a picture when I get a chance to. I ended up going with a synthetic stock set from Arsenal/Brownells.
I installed a Tapco trigger, a Hogue rubber grip, single point sling adapter from Echo nine three, and a BlackHawk single point sling. I threaded the muzzle and installed the Tallon brake from Go Gun. It works very well by the way!
It's nothing fancy but it shoots fairly well for what it is. 4" at 100 yards is about average. Everything is on the paper at 200 yards and no malfunctions so far. (The target being used is a standard OPOTA qualification target.) I've put exactly 600 rounds down range so far.
This Norinco is a keeper!