View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 23:16   #3
Bodyarmorguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter1234 View Post
Ok. I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but I gotta get it off of my mind.
No flames. Just simply stating that you are wrong.

Quote:
2000-4000 dollar 1911 owners. Why.
Because I have the means to do so. Sorry about your luck.

Quote:
Please tell me, what you expected to do, with a 14 pound pistol that only holds 7 (yea ok, the new magazines hold one more. thats nice. I dont care.)
rounds, and is twice as big as any modern day polymer auto pistol.
Check you scales...weighs no where near that. It is slimmer than my issued Glock.

Quote:
Did you think you were going to actually carry this concealed? Where. Oh wait, let me guess, under your IDPA converted tactical fishing vest, in an inside the waistband kydex holster. Right. Right in the middle of August, when it's 92 degrees. Sure. THAT won't be obvious or anything.
I reside in east central FL where it is often closer to 100 than 90 during the July and August months. My usual off-duty attire during the summer months is cargo shorts, and an untucked (not oversized) polo shirt. I very comfortably and adequately conceal a 5 inch Government Model in an leather inside the waistband holster from 5 Shot Leather, backed up on the support side by at least 1 additionalmagazine and a C2 Taser.

Oh...BTW...found this quote by you in a thread you started:
Quote:
"Where do I find the Glock wind breakers at? I can't find them ANYwhere

Quote:
How's all those sharp edges digging into your side? And for how long were you planning on carrying it? A whole week? How did that work out for you? Lol. Pretty inconvenient after a few days isn't it.
When I spend $2k or more on a custom gun, I expect it to be devoid of sharp edges. Perhaps you allowed some rookie gunsmith to take advantage of you on a dehorning job? I have carried the rig described above during my off-duty hour for years.

Quote:
Yea, I know, you're strong, and the extra 12 pounds over any other auto pistol on the planet doesn't bother you. That doesn't mean that I'm going to carry an extra ten pounds if I don't really have to.
Is it 14, 10 or 12 pounds? Damn fad diets....the weight really fluctuates.

Quote:
You chose a caliber that doesn't give you ANY advantage whatsoever in imparted energy, penetration, or external ballistics (trajectory), and only has a hand full of ft./lbs. of energy advantage over .40 in the +p category, but now boxes of your ammunition are about 6 dollars more than other calibers. Nice choice again.
I like big bullets, so I carry them. The extra expense of .45 over 9mm or .40 doesn't bother me. AT work, because I have to, I carry a .40 pistol. Off-duty, I may ocassional switch from a 1911 to a Browning Hi-Power stoked with a proven 9mm round. By your logic the whole world shoould be carrying just one caliber.

Quote:
At 2000 dollars, I could have bought 3-4 other typical handguns.
And others would describe you as typical......me, not so much.

Quote:
Alright, so you don't carry it.
But I think that we already established that I do carry it.

Quote:
So everyone around you is outshooting you because your Kimber is holding you back? Not buyin' it...
If I am out-shot, I blame the indian, not the arrow.

Quote:
Don't get me wrong. I love 1911's.
Based on your rant, that is like Hitler saying "Don't get me wrong, I love the Jews."

Quote:
The amount of money one has, has nothing to do with logical choices.
True, you could afford a computer and yet you post your opinion which is still worth exactly what we have paid for it.

Quote:
Unless you're a super super serious competitor, and haven't gotten picked up yet by a major company, you could have five million in the bank, and a 3000 dollar 12 pound boat anchor would still be a dumb ass purchase.
So nobody should own a Corvette, or a Ferarri, unless they are a competitive racer picked up by a major sponsor....buying one is a dumb ass purchase?

Quote:
I gotta get it off of my mind.
Feel better?

Last edited by Bodyarmorguy; 06-19-2012 at 23:30..
Bodyarmorguy is offline   Reply With Quote