Thread: .357 sig
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 11:22   #62
fredj338

Quote:
Originally Posted by breacher1 View Post
I've owned numerous 44 mags in the past but I'll take a good auto-loader to a gun fight any day over a wheelgun.

If you plan on winning a gun fight with a SA revolver forget Dirty Harry you better be Josie Wales and hope your better armed attacker is blind in one eye and can't see outta the other.

The "street trash" (gang bangers) here in NM actually spend some time shooting and trng to shoot cops and each other. I don't take them for granted.
Again, tools never make up for poor craftsmanship. Ping clubs don't make you a better golfer & a G17 w/ 5 mags does not make yo ua better shooter/gunfighter. It will always come down to the skilled craftsman. So I worry more about my ability than my gear. If all I have on me is a SAA, then I will fight with that & plan to win.
"Given adequate penetration, a larger diameter bullet will have an edge in wounding effectiveness. It will damage a blood vessel the smaller projectile barely misses. The larger permanent cavity may lead to faster blood loss. Although such an edge clearly exists, its significance cannot be quantified".