Thread: .357 sig
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 09:40   #45
fredj338

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock20c10mm View Post
Excellent point. First, I was always surprised how quick my follow up shots were with the 44mag revolver I used to have. And yeah, first shot time puts everything on equal ground in terms of the time to get the first shot off in any reasonably sized platform.
357SIG seems to have the possibility of being a different story as I've heard about it racking up more one shot stops in it's still relatively short life history than normally seems apparent with 9, 40, or 45.

Of course I carry 10mm with virtually no relevant street credibility to back it up, so what do I know. To each their own.
Many will poopoo higher vel impacts. I believe that once an expanding bullet gets to about 1500fps, it starts wounding more like a rifle. THis is only based on my personal exp shooting living things, but higher vel w/ good bullets does seem to produce better results than just poking caliber holes. The trick is getting a good bullet to hold together long enough to reach vitals. Why I am not a big fan of the super light wts in any caliber, they often just come apart too soon.
"Given adequate penetration, a larger diameter bullet will have an edge in wounding effectiveness. It will damage a blood vessel the smaller projectile barely misses. The larger permanent cavity may lead to faster blood loss. Although such an edge clearly exists, its significance cannot be quantified".

Last edited by fredj338; 05-09-2012 at 18:26..