View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 14:58   #10
Nestor
Lean & Mean

Let's take a closer look at this pistol.
Thin grip frame with very simple, but functional reversible backstrap to accommodate the wide variety of hand sizes. The backstrap is not exactly as fancy as the solutions offered from the competition though. Single pin holds the backstrap made out of rubber of some kind in place and You have a choice between two sizes - flat which in my opinion simulates 1911 grip with flat mainspring housing and wow! ...curved one that reminds me GI mainspring in feel.

General Firearms Forum

General Firearms Forum

I really like the shape and size of the megazine release button. It's easier to use than any, oval one that I tried before. Finger works against the edge to release the drop-free magazine - quite similar to Glock pistols from what I can remember. Flat engagement surface to the rear helps to create positive inward push in my opinion. What I don't like is the ambidextrous button instead of the reversible one. I think that for the people with the big hands there is a slight chance of engaging the button on the other side of the frame while holding tight to the gun.
Since there is a magazine safety installed (that can be easily deactivated though) one may find himself during the firefight in really bad situation if such accident will occur.

General Firearms Forum

Trigger reach is short, so I'm sure that the ladies would love this gun, especially because of the thin grip - just a bit wider than standard 1911. I can't verify the trigger pull weight, but according to the tests posted on the internet it should be 6 pounds with the reset distance of 0.33 of inch.
For those wishing to "mess up" with the trigger - Ghost Inc. offers the trigger connector for the SR pistols that suppose to improve the trigger pull significantly eliminating any overtravel and smoother up the pull. I have a standard configuration here and I'm going to keep it that way for now.
Trigger has a smooth surface that is easy on the finger. Of course there is a safety lever located inside the trigger face - exactly like on the Glock pistols.

R.I.P Jeff (23Skidoo), Chad (CJLandry) & Mark (Okie) You all will be missed.
Nestor is offline   Reply With Quote