View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 09:40   #68
fredj338

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amplified View Post
I am in Law Enforcement, are you a psychic? .45 ACP, is a lousy round, any way you slice it. Slow, bulbous, has a terrible arc trajectory and has abysmal penetration. Out of the big 3, I'd take them in this order and this grain weight, .40 S&W (135gr - 155gr), 9mm Luger (115gr - 127gr), .45 ACP (165gr - 200gr). Anything else in those three calibers is garbage.
If this were a true statement, then it would be another example of morons hiring morons. You are no LEO, not with your attitutde & lack of general respect for those that know more than you. Good try though. I'll bet you've slain 100s of large animals to prove your point as well huh? Yeah, thought so. Believe what you like, vel alone doesn't kill anything in handguns. Get out of the basement, go shoot something besides wood boards & dry books, just another example of what you don't know about terminal ballistics.
"Given adequate penetration, a larger diameter bullet will have an edge in wounding effectiveness. It will damage a blood vessel the smaller projectile barely misses. The larger permanent cavity may lead to faster blood loss. Although such an edge clearly exists, its significance cannot be quantified".

Last edited by fredj338; 05-01-2012 at 09:40..