View Single Post
Old 04-20-2012, 15:53   #28
fredj338

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentguy View Post
Matthewmurray706,

I live in NE Ohio area, and around here most people I know have summer carry ammo & winter carry ammo. Sounds weird but in February it can get into the minus figures, folks bundle up... good folks and bad folks! However in summer it can get up into the high 90's, people dress a bit differently then. I think you know where I'm heading with this.

I just wanted to point out that in choosing CCW ammo; there are most definitely"other factors" to consider. My thoughts on “Home Defense” ammo are abit different, but not much.

I know this may sound very elementary but almost as important as which ammo to use - you need to put enough rounds through your gun so that whatever gun/ammo you are using they are not strangers to you. You MUST know how those rounds are going to shoot in your gun of choice.
]
I think too much is made out of winter clothing issues. Choose a good JHP that works well in 4 denim layers & just carry that all year, problem solved.
"Given adequate penetration, a larger diameter bullet will have an edge in wounding effectiveness. It will damage a blood vessel the smaller projectile barely misses. The larger permanent cavity may lead to faster blood loss. Although such an edge clearly exists, its significance cannot be quantified".

Last edited by fredj338; 04-20-2012 at 15:53..
fredj338 is offline   Reply With Quote