View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 13:15   #22
F106 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado4Wheel View Post
I am not convinced the 35p is better then then CED.
I don't know that it is except I suspect the skyscreens are better. Even then, I don't KNOW that. I can say that my M2 has issues that limit the time of day when it is useful.

I am not too sure I care about the printer tape. It's pretty useless compared to the ability to connect my M2 to a PC and download everything. I really do want to create that magic database that ties loads and chronograph readings together.

I wish the M2 had a way to annotate the various strings.

There are two ways to play with the M2: let the number of strings grow until all memory is consumed (this is nice because you get a fresh and complete download every time) or erase the strings after every download (you get rid of the old trash).

The big deal with the Oehler 35P is the 3rd screen. This allows the unit to take two measurements and compare the results thus validating the reading. I think this probably IS a big deal. Whether it is worth the difference in cost, maybe...

As I said, it is worth considering. It's interesting that the 35P used to sell for about $200 according to:

http://www.clcweb.net/Shooting/Oehler/oehler.html

At that price, even without the printer (apparently an 'extra' at the time) it was a good deal.

Richard

Last edited by F106 Fan; 04-03-2012 at 13:18..
F106 Fan is offline   Reply With Quote